Photographs can bring us such happiness, reminding us of happy memories and acting as a record of families growing together. These days, taking pictures is so incredibly easy with good quality cameras on most mobile phones. Here are some ways that photos play an important part in our happiness:
1.They remind us of the places, people and activities we love the most. People display photos in their office, home, wallet and just about any other place they spend considerable time. This is because they evoke pleasing emotions for us.
They help us not to forget the past. One way to stay happy in the present is to remember the things that made us happy in the past. They help us to recall events we might otherwise have forgotten and as we tend to take photos at celebratory events, they weight our memories more to the good side of life. For instance, marking a major event such as moving into a new property, proving to you that aside from all of the legal documentation that comes with buying a house, there are the good sides too. If you require assistance with legal matters when moving house, why not contact Ascot solicitors companies such as Parachute Law.
- New technology available means that photos can bring us happy memories and save space at the same time. If you have nowhere to store children’s artwork for example, you don’t need to lose these memories but instead have them printed in a smaller hard back book for posterity.
- A photograph can replace something valuable you no longer have. A dearly departed relative or friend, or a home you had to leave but loved. Some memories can be bittersweet, but the act of taking a photo seems to serve a psychological need to keep hold of a piece of something, even after its gone.
- Photographs act as a way of claiming something. They also allow you to create a collection of things without having to buy them – such as a wish or happiness board.
- The act of taking a photo helps to foster our creative side. It encourages us to really look at something and find the best way to present it. Whether you do this as a hobby or you’re a casual snapper, there is still an art involved and you are making creative decisions.
- Photographs can become a type of diary for recording events. People are fascinated by different ways to keep hold of memories, by writing journal entries, keeping mementos and taking photographs. The precious moments that could so easily be forgotten or lost are suddenly immortalised. It is perhaps humans’ way of cementing their experience in such a fleeting existence.