Stored in our homes are some potentially dangerous and possibly lethal chemicals, when there are children living in the home it is incredibly important that these dangerous materials are kept out of harm’s reach. Something as simple as clothes detergents and fabric softeners could be a danger to a child if ingested. The same way any bleach, solvents, drain cleaners, pet shampoos or washing sodas could lead to a child ending up in Intensive Care in hospital or in a life-threatening situation if they were to swallow any of these. Small children are curious and will explore places that could expose them to dangers. It is up to us as adults and parents to keep our children safe and store harmful products carefully.
Make sure potentially harmful cleaning products are stored in a locked, childproof cupboard and also any medication is kept well away from curious little fingers, hands and mouths. It’s always a good idea to have a supply of Chemical Spill Kits supplied by a professional company such as hydepark-environmental.com/spill-response/spill-kits/chemical in your home so you can clean up any harmful spillages quickly and easily should they occur.
To protect yourself from potential exposure to any hazardous materials always use rubber gloves when cleaning and keep windows open to allow for good ventilation in your home. Read the instructions for each cleaning product and only use them according to the safety protocols. Keep yourself and your children safe at home, use cleaning products wisely and sensibly.