Merchants seek to use their customers data to develop more efficient marketing strategies
Most merchants have understood the value of the data of their best customers, but still struggle to organize and use them effectively: 62% cites as their main marketing objective for this 2011 the power “to convert the data into strategic actions and effective. ”
According to the data of a recent Unica report, 90% of the merchants surveyed affirm that the data of the web are very important to drive the decisions of their marketing campaigns. Even so, only 41% of them say that they already use these data to make them more efficient, while another 35% say that they plan to do so in the next 12 months.
- 44% of salespeople are using mobile apps and another 31% plan to do so in the next 12 months
- 40% of sellers have mobile versions of their websites, while 31% plan to implement them within the next 12 months.
Approximately one third of merchants (35%) optimizes e-mail marketing for mobiles, and another 34% plans to do so in the next 12 months.
Social Marketing for its part remains stable, with 53% of merchants saying that they use the Socia Media Marketing within their campaigns, while 24% plan to do so in the coming months. Another 10% say that they intend to adopt it in the long term, that is, with a view to implementing it within more than a year, and 11% are still totally disinterested.
The sellers in turn, also plans to deliver personalized messages to customers and the channels will be the following:
- Websites: 57% now implement incoming communication channels from the web itself, and another 25% plan to do so this year
- Customer service / Call center: 52% already use it and 18% plan to do it in the next 12 months.
- Points of sale: 28% use it nowadays and another 21% plan to do it this year
Other key conclusions of the report are:
- Almost 90% of merchants say they are interested in an integrated marketing suite, while half of them plan to do so through some channels
- 57% say that their main bottleneck is measurement, analysis and learning
- 53% say they have a problem attributing the success of their marketing
- More than half cite technology as the key to productivity, in particular, to solve the challenges of meaningful measurement and analysis, in order to choose the best course from the next.