How to tap into Pinterest’s potential for business
One of the main goals of companies in Social Media is to connect with their customers, discover their tastes and preferences, to know what to offer and encourage them to convert. Pinterest is a good place for it, here users are grouped according to common interests; Is conceived as a place for inspiration, to browse according to the theme you are interested in, to find what you finally like.
It is a medium that encourages interaction and conversion. The platform itself classifies its content according to the main categories, such as fashion (female or male), travel, weddings, decoration, children … where it is very easy and visual to find content and share it in turn. This is a network with a lot of potential, which many companies are still slow to discover, which is an advantage against the competition, which you should start to take advantage of:
- Insert the Pin button on your web. Make it easy for your users to know that you are already in Pinterest and, in turn, they can recommend your content by pinning it on your boards.
- Be active in Pinterest. Share content from your target audience, follow other profiles and enrich your planks with striking pins from related sectors.
- Take care of the image of your pins; Uses quality images, which stand out for their originality. Keep in mind that the main ingredient of this social network is its visual appeal.
- Pinea often and tweets what is pinned. It is a very effective practice to win followers. On one side you increase your presence in this social network, thereby increasing your visibility; And on the other you attract your Twitter followers with very visual content, inciting them to be part of your community also in the network of the planks.
- Includes the price of the product on the pins. Both in the image and in its description. In this way you will also appear in one of its star ratings “Gifts”, where users can filter according to the price range. A very interesting practice for those who are looking for ideas on what to give away.
- Create optimized boards based on product categories, target audience, news, best seller or “suggestions for …” This will guide the user’s visit, favoring their browsing experience.
- Do not forget to insert a link to the product page in each of your pinned articles. This way, users will be able to access your website directly for more information. It is a way to attract qualified traffic to your web and to favor the conversion of the visits in Pinterest.
- Link your Pinterest account with Facebook. In this way you will increase the visibility of your content in Pinterest, making it also visible to your fans. It encourages users to comment on the products you share and interact with the content.
- Encourage comments on products. You already know the potential of the recommendations when influencing the decision to buy other users, especially if it is friends and acquaintances. Cultivate satisfied and enthusiastic customers to share their positive experience.
Have you already created your profile in Pinterest? How do you use it for your sales strategy?